Friday, June 5, 2009

Surprise as Bush's replacement as governor of Texas wins Bush lookalike contest.


Eyebrows have been raised by Texas governor Rick Perry's recent victory in the National Annual George W. Bush Lookalike Contest.


Perry, the controversial governor who took over from George W. Bush after he became president and who has recently stirred controversy by suggesting that his state might consider secession from the Union, beat other contenders such as Josh Brolin (star of Oliver Stone's "W."), Steve Bridges (a Bush impersonator who appeared at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner) and comedian Will Ferrell to gain this year's crown.


"I never really thought that I looked like him," said Perry afterwards "Maybe I look more like a Bush impersonator, rather than the former president himself - but hey, I won, didn't I?."


No comments:

Post a Comment