Saturday, July 11, 2009
1. Ca-pi-ta-li-sm too many syllables. "Honey, do you want to go and see Ca-pi-ta-li-sm a Love Story tonight?" It just doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
2. "Fahrenheit 9/11" "Sicko" "Bowling for Columbine" - those names are abstract and interesting. Imagine if they were called "Administration: The Fake Iraq 9/11 Link" and "Crazies: The Guys with their Guns from Columbine" and "Healthcare: Why our System Needs to be Repaired." Bit boring.
3. You'll lose the right-wing audience whom you want to go and see this film. "Capitalism" - "Oh, then it is just a Michael Moore left-wing rant against the capitalist system," they'll say.
4. You'll lose the Eastern European audience - they're still a bit sensitive to capitalism bashing - understandibly so.
5. It is too long. Too many letters to stick up on those marquees.
Solution: It isn't too late to think of a better name. "Meltdown" or "The Pigs and the Pitchforks" - something a little more abstract and creative.
Posted by Footstep at 12:46 AM