Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Confusion over fresh Hillary Clinton outburst.



A fresh outburst by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has left many scratching their heads. This time, she appears to have mis-understood a reporter's question during a press conferece held in Columbia related to a currently active hurricane called "Hurricane Bill". Hillary Clinton is in the country as part of a tour of Latin America and was asked to comment on the US government's preparations for "Hurricane Bill", a storm brewing in the Atlantic Ocean that some worry could pose a risk to coastal areas of New England.

"What are you currently doing to make sure Hurricane Bill doesn't cause major damage?" asked a reporter from the travelling press pool.

"I'm not doing anything about Bill!" snapped Hillary, apparently not understanding the question. "He is free to do what he wants! This is about me. If you want to ask about what my husband is doing, then ask him!"


The terse exchange echoed a similar recent incident in the Democratic Republic of Congo, when a translation error led the Secretary of State to believe a student questioner was asking about her husband's, rather than President Obama's opinion on a particular policy matter. "If you want an opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channelling my husband." she replied tersely.

No comments:

Post a Comment