Thursday, August 27, 2009

China keeping the word "wrath" alive...


There's the 1939 novel "The Grapes of Wrath"...


The 1982 film "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"...

And whenever a country invites the Dalai Lama, we always hear how they risk "incurring the wrath of China."

That's it.


"Hi, I'm the Dalai Lama. When I look at THE MOTION PICTURE of my life, there is much more to it than just incurring THE WRATH OF KHAN - that's my nickname for China. You know, when secretly I left Tibet as a boy, the people there undertook THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK - that was the codeword they used for me - thinking that I had just hidden somewhere. Now, after all these years, I wonder if I will ever be able to undertake THE VOYAGE HOME. In my mind, Tibet has become like THE FINAL FRONTIER. I've been away so long that my home is almost THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY. It really seems like GENERATIONS ago that I was there. I would love to cross the border and make FIRST CONTACT with my fellow Tibetans, but China fears my return would cause an INSURRECTION. Yes, the still view me as a NEMESIS. Maybe it is time for a reboot (reincarnation). Perhaps the next guy will be the one who gets to return."

No comments:

Post a Comment